Let’s be honest: who doesn’t love a good deal – especially when it’s right on your doorstep
and involves good food! I was delighted to be recently introduced to the Entertainer App in Cape Town and this year I saved over R3500 using it! The idea behind Entertainer is that you choose from one of their many options (over 1550 in Cape Town alone!) and then enjoy a two for one experience!
The best part of Entertainer is that there are not only restaurants on offer, but also experiences, hotels, outdoor activities, beauty and massage treatments, and much more. What’s even more exciting, is in 2017 will see the South African launch of Cheers, which offers you the same buy one get on free experiences at many of the city’s top drinking spots (also available in other cities in South Africa). In Cape Town, get cheers free with your app purchase of Entertainer.
Earlier this year my mother came to visit in Cape Town and I used the Entertainer to help organise an exciting and affordable experience for us two. Here’s a few tasters of what we got up to on a perfect Cape Town day:
- Before enjoying a morning walk browsing through the eclectic stores in Woodstock, we sipped on gourmet coffee from the Tribe Woodstock Roastery and Café.
- A scenic drive, and then a late breakfast at Harveys at The Winchester Mansions in Sea Point was what the doctor ordered next, and the Eggs Benedict hit the right spot!
- Deciding it was about time to sample some Cape wines, we headed around the mountain and first stopped at Eagles Nest Wines to enjoy their wonderful wines, in a picturesque setting.
- Next we drove over towards Groot Constantia for their chocolate and wine pairing, and definitely weren’t disappointed by their world class wines.
- To top it all off, once we’d worked up enough of an appetite, we strolled over to Jonkershuis, and dined in style at South Africa’s oldest wine farm. Fillet steak with all the trimmings – and for half the price!
Full access to all these places and more for only R395! Seems too good to be true. Get your copy of the Entertainer here.